Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week Six : Week of Great Discoveries


Week Six : Week of Great Discoveries 

Too many things I have learned this week! I can call it the week of great discoveries . First of all, I have ever thought that I can  do a lot of great  things with PowerPoint software, that’s also what my friends used to think of me since I used to help them  design their lessons using this outstanding  software . This week, I was convinced that knowledge is a yawning ocean without borders. I still remember when Jodi told me that I would learn more things about the use of PowerPoint and I was wondering what those things would be. Now, it comes time when I have learned that I am still not only PowerPoint but also technology illiterate. When we were assigned to make an interactive PowerPoint, I was so enthusiastic to learn more and I didn’t limit myself to the reading materials that were suggested by the course but they were an excellent start for further research. This week, I learned too many great things thanks to Jodi, Sherie and colleagues’ guidance. I have also managed to create a sample WebQuest. It seemed to be a challenging task in the beginning but when I made an attempt, I enjoyed the game and was able to complete it successfully though too late. I know that both the PowerPoint and my WebQuest projects are modest attempts but I do believe that they can be an encouraging attempt for further great teaching projects. Thank  you all best friends for this new nice experience.



6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sidi,

    I like your way of presenting your ideas!! I do agree with that we are learning! I think we learn every second we live and this is an advantage for us. In this course we learn, know brilliant people, exchange ideas and communicate well. Wish you all the best! Thank you! By the way I deleted the first comment because I wanted to correct add something but I couldn't. Thank you again!!

    Salam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Salam
      Thanks for encouraging me. Yes, we are learning a lot of things from this cours and having fun too. Unfortunately, the countdown already begins !This course is amazing, and I considered it as one of the unique opportunities offered. we ll miss it a lot.
      Sidi, Morocco

      Delete
    2. Hi Sidi,

      You're right on thenote that this could lead to future research. That's what I had in mind too especially in conducting an experimental research on the differences in teaching english to students.
      I hope we can collaborate in the future for a cross comparison on the results gained from the subjects in your country and mine too.

      xx
      Nur

      Delete
  3. Hi Nur

    it is an interesting idea to work together on a comparative teaching project. I have never thought of such great idea. I look forward to your suggestions on the project.

    sidi, Morocco

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Si Mohamed,

    It's so nice to hear that you've discovered a lot of interesting web-skills this week! I'm sure that's also the case for all the members of this valuable course!
    I wish you a great success and happy weekend!
    Rachid

    ReplyDelete