Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week Five: A hard Week

Week Five: A hard Week 

Really it was one of the toughest weeks so far for me, not because we were assigned to do a lot of things but the reason was that I had very little time to do that. This week, I was invited to attend MATE & IATEFL Marrakech 1st ICT Conference from 08-11 February, 2012, jointly organised by IATEFL (http://ltsig.org.uk/) MATE (http://mate.ma/) and British Council, the conference was a great opportunity to meet with teachers and educational experts from different countries and to share experiences on how technology be used for the benefit of English language learning.
Since I was aware of time constraints, I struggled to partially do some necessary assignments early this week.  I wrote about rubrics, project-based learning (PBL) which was a must to be done in the half of the week but I managed complete the Rubrics task about which I get warm words of encouragement from Jodi. During the second half of the week, I managed to trek in the conference commitments and complete the task of Project Task – Solutions. However, later, I found no way to finish the remaining tasks of the course as I like it as it should be.
I came home today afternoon. I feel very exhausted because I spent the whole night driving home--Marrakech is about 1000 km far. Nevertheless, I made up my mind not to sleep until I jot down my blog reflections.
I am hoping to have the least losses!

















4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Sidi, you have had an intense week. I'm impressed that you took the time to post after driving 1000 km. That's dedication!!

    In one way or another, we are all dealing with LIFE while doing so many other things. Work, family, unusual or unexpected events. Everything can be so good, but we just never seem to have enough time. I know I'm feeling the time right now, too!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sidi,
    I agree with you that Week 5 was different. We got introduced to major ideas and strategies that need much readings and work like PBL, Rubrics and alternative assessment tools.
    Anyways,I hope that it was fruitful and successful.
    Thanks for sharing the photos with us.
    Regards,
    Nihmat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sidi,

    I know this is an OLD post of yours, but I realized that two of my colleagues here were at the MATE conference! Donna Shaw and Deborah Healey (who is the one who created the Webskills class and many of the materials) were there.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodi?
      Yes, I knew Deborah Healey was at the confernece. I could regognize her name in the list of guests,but unfortunately, I did have the chance to meet with her then. I wish we'll meet next conference.
      Sidi, Morocco

      Delete