Friday, January 27, 2012

Week Three: Another week …(an)other fun!

Week Three: Another week …(an)other fun!


Another week is about to “fade away”. I wouldn’t say it has flown by because time does not fly when you are doing things you love. This week, I had a lot of things to do besides this course;   my career, family and my PhD commitments; nevertheless, I couldn’t help checking my email inbox regularly looking for probable messages from Jody.  I also did my best to trace every single word or a comment posted by my colleagues on Nicenet or on  my blog too.  From time to time, I travelled through my friends ‘blogs seeking for some inspiring reflections.. I could say that I have found out a lot of beautiful things on their blogs. What I like best is when friends talk about their daily concerns, feelings, and aspirations and how life is going over there..where they live !  Difference means a lot to me!  Living  a new interesting experience . 

This week we were provided also with more useful resources. I read an article entitled , “Developing Listening Skills with Authentic Materials” by Lindsay Miller, which I found very useful in the sense that it considers how teachers can help learners of English language develop effective listening skills. I also found the article about The Employment of CALL in Teaching Foreign Language very informative, the article   gives emphasis to the application of CALL environment which is greatly recommended to develop foreign language speaking skills.

Another thing which I found highly pleasing and “delicious” is the website delicious.com. In the past, I was at ease using Firefox bookmarks or bloc-notes to save my favourite links. All these links were unintentionally lost when I recently tried to format my PC. Not only does delicious.com give me the chance to store bookmarks but also share and discover new ones.

 Overall, it was another wonderful week.  We have experienced a new feeling! Much work but too much fun! J.  Thank you Jodi, thank you sharie , thank you all colleagues.




5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Good Luck for your PhD and hope everyone can pull through this course! This week we learnt about CALL, perhaps the following week will be BALL.
    heehee

    Cheers,
    Nur,MY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sidi,

    Thank you for your post! I agree with you that this week and the previous weeks are enjoyable especially when we learn new ideas! This week and the other week won't be gone because nice memories will be there and knowledge won't disappear it will stick and will spread everywhere! Wish you all the best for your PHD!
    Thank you

    Salam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sidi,
    I do agree with you that's it's fun to learn. And I also liked the picture you posted. I wanted to post it as well yesterday. It's good I changed my mind:)
    Best wishes,
    Ludmila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ludmila!
      Why didn't you post the picture since you liked it? i would be happy if you did. It would prove I am on the right track and
      doing what my colleagues like.Please don't change your mind again :-)

      Sidi, Morocco

      Delete
  4. Hi Sidi!It's Ruki from Sri Lanka. I read you are from Morocco. I too have just started on my Ph.F studies and find it challenging to balance assignments due.
    Glad you found 'delicious' very useful. Actually, I had some technological difficulty navigating through 'delicious' and am still getting accustomed to using the functions in this website. I'm sure 'delicious' would be a very useful tool for me in the future, where i could store useful links and urls.
    As mentioned by you, the readings for week 3 were very useful to guide teachers on improving language skills and competencies of students. I especially feel that the techniques, methodology, teaching techniques acquired by the readings can be applied cross culturally.

    ReplyDelete