Thursday, January 19, 2012

Week Two: Reflections on the ABCD Learning Objectives Framework and Effective Web Searches

 Reflections on  ABCD Model and Effective Web Search

Week Two was a challenging week in the real sense of the word. I can  call it the week of  “ Hard Work ”. We were assigned to do a whole week tasks.   Go over various search engines and analyze them along the lines of their use in our own classes. Though the assignment was somewhat demanding, I benefited a lot from it. I have been familiar with Google search Engine and I have never thought of another alternative. Google was ever  the best and unique search engine for me. However, when was offered the chance to check Noodletools, the outcome was surprising. I came across very beneficial academic and social sites such as http://tenbyten.org/10x10.html . One of our colleagues Abdulsalam Al-Mukardi,, suggested using an important search engine from the list: http://education.iseek.com/iseek/home.page which I found wonderful and relevant for both teachers and students.
 We were also given the opportunity to have an idea about ABCD model for behavioral objectives.  We were asked, after reading some suggested references about ABCD style, to share a behavioural objective for a class we teach, using ABCD model, and discuss them on Nicenet forum.  I managed to provide mine and was so happy when I received encouraging comments from my colleagues.   
All things considered,  I can now enjoy searching my topics using other useful and interesting engines rather than Goggle. I can also, as I think, make use of the ABCD model to  set clear objective to outline what my lessons intend to accomplish. 

Thank you Jodi and sherie for giving us the chance to live through this exceptional experience




10 comments:

  1. Hello Sidi Sidi,
    I definitely agree with you about the large number of tasks to be done. In fact, I still have the other part on ABCD model, which I'm still working on. But I wonder why you call this week as the week of "confusion".
    Very impressive picture.
    Have a happy time on your blog.
    Regards,
    Nihmat, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nihmat
      Thank you very much for your remark. I admit the word was scribbled down inadvertently but reconsidered in time. Yes, "Impressive picture" I usually add pictures to my posts. I believe, a Picture may "speak louder than words". I hope you are doing well with your ABCD model.
      Best,
      Sidi, Morocco

      Delete
  2. Hi, Sidi!
    A nice cartoon here! That's exactly what I looked like, I believe during the week! :)
    That really was the week of 'hard work'! Why did Nihmat say, you called that 'the week of confusion'? I have re-read your post three times but found nothing about confusion... Maybe because I was reading and looking through so many documents and sites during the week, I do not notice some details...
    I liked your input into the conference discussion as well!!!
    By the way, do come to my blog tomorrow (my post is not ready yet). I am going to share several more search engines, they will be in my blog - may be someone will check on them, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yuliya
      Thank you very for encouraging words on both here and Nicenet. I do apprciate all that. It seems that you also have gone through a busy week as well as other colleagues might have done. Nevertheless, the outcome was unbelievable. as the days go, we like the matter and pine for the next tasks albeit hectic commitments of daily life. Nihmat was right when she mentioned the word confusion in my post. it was written Unintentionally but reconsiderd later.
      I spy on your blog at times looking for new post :-)
      Best
      Sidi, Morocco

      Delete
  3. Sidi,

    Reading through your post I can only sense the positivity overtaking the 'confusion' witnessed by your choice of adjectives describing your feelings.
    I guess one on the greatest motivation in learning or doing a task is Fun! And we both are having a lot of that!

    I too find pictures can add a nice dimension to our blog posts and makes more appealing to read.

    Keep walking my friend,

    Hassan, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sidi
      This my first entry in your arena. Really impressive, what??? The way you added adjectives; a true motivational.

      Be on your track my brother.

      Arifeen/ Bangladesh

      Delete
    2. Hello Sidi,

      Thank you very much for the nice words you wrote about week 2! I agree with you that week 2 is overwhelming and challenging but beneficial to all. We learn a lot from the search engines and the ABCD objectives.

      Delete
  4. Week 2 was tiring indeed especially with the search engine comparison since there were things we don't know. I think everyone was confused at first and luckily we managed to get on track and learn about the functions and specialty of each search engine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nur
    Yes it was a hectic and tough week, but all mates proved their being determined. we"re getting familiar to the tasks slowly but surely and I think most of us are already on the track.
    best
    Sidi, Morocco

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sidi,
    It was a week of hard work, but it looks as if everyone survived!

    Like everyone else seems to, I still tend to think "GOOGLE!" It's a good week for me to remember all the other options out there.


    Jodi, Oregon

    ReplyDelete